Search the forum,

Discuss anhydrite floor screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Now I've read through this thread I cannot for the life of me see how the tiler was to blame at all!
If the floor wasn't commissioned by the plumber before tiling and he 'whacked' it on for 5 days the plumber is at fault.
These jobs should all be signed off at all stages and not just the cursory - yes it's been switched on/ off that have no records to pass to the next trade.
When the floor has been handed to the tiler it should have a full history ! How many times do we turn up and get told ' oh it's been down months'.
Had a floor a couple of years ago that was reading 32degrees in the middle and 12 degrees at the walls - what does that say about the zonal layout of his pipe work and how are we to tell under 80mm of screed!
I make it a point in my invoice now to tell the end user that the floor must be turned up slowly - but what guarantees do we have that it's followed.

J

Just Rizzle

the tilers fault is
a) he didn't take a moisture reading from the floor to ensure it was safe to tile and
b) tiling the floor befor the heating system was commissioned.

the best peace of kit I have is a moisture reader. cost over £300 about 12 years ago its made by sovereign it gives me peace of mind as well as my clients knowing in tiling a substrate its dry and safe to do so.

good luck barno101
hope all goes well this time but one thing what addy will your tiler be using this time round?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I bet plumber said it didn't need turning on, most the time they have to go out of there way to connect it up.
Plumber on my job at mo said "why, it will only move again when we turn it on again when it's tiled, complete waste of time, I've never heard owt as daft in my life"
I still made him turn iton though [emoji41]

S

Sean SML Tiling

I got the digital f ball and small digital tester which is not quit as good. Had to buy 1 for my anhydrite floor. Best 100 I spent

I

Ian

Everywhere round here Mark, went to see another failed one today, in an ex show home for a very well known national builder.

Reply to anhydrite floor screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen