Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrate floor, best adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Remove laitence
Prime, then prime again until no more soaks in
Stick down ditra matting will Mapei keraquick and latex additive.
Tile with suitable adhesive for tiles.
Myself this is the way I will always go now, if for a reason there is a failure the from de lamination the ditra will hold floor together.

Edit. Try and be a grown up and write replies without swearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MW Smith Ceramics

:thumbsup::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:Whichever moderator that edit came from was classic!!!.....really made me chuckle !

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Remove laitence
Prime, then prime again until no more soaks in
Stick down ditra matting will Mapei keraquick and latex additive.
Tile with suitable adhesive for tiles.
Myself this is the way I will always go now, if for a reason there is a failure the from de lamination the ditra will hold floor together.

Edit. Try and be a grown up and write replies without swearing.

It was a comment as a joke to all the disagreements about anhydrite screeds the language, I just didn't realise so many of you would be so uptight about it. :fearscream:

I

Ian

It was a comment as a joke to all the disagreements about anhydrite screeds the language, I just didn't realise so many of you would be so uptight about it. :fearscream:
The comment is fair enough, the closing line, not so much. Yes we all swear in real life, including me but, there no need for it when writing text. It is in the forum rules that bad language is not permitted in the open forums, this is not because we're all little hitlers, it's to keep the forum friendly and clean for all members and guest to read. Bare in mind that all comments in the open forums can be found via search engines, so could be read by anyone. You have arms access, so if you feel the need to swear in your posts, go and do it in there.

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have done cement and gypsum and to be honest the cement based floors are the ones I think back to and worry. I once did a repair for another tiler and the cement adhesive just scraped off like new, worrying. Most of my floors are large anyway so I'm now going to start using gypsum under the matting and cement on top. Since you get an easy 9m a bag laying the matting the extra high costs of anhyfix aren't so bad.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

i'm fixing 350sqm soon.
I'm going to prime with TM primer and fix Ditra with TM Anhyfix.
Then tile using cement based adhesive. I'm still not sold on the longevity of gypsum based adhesives...
Time will tell though.
Hi Impish,

So if you couldn't use ditra how would you go about your fixing method onto gypsum screed??

Reply to Anhydrate floor, best adhesive in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen