Search the forum,

Discuss Advise on tile layout in bathroom in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marsaday1971

IMG_0013.JPG

Hello

Can i get peoples opinions on what to do with the wall in the pic. I am not sure where to put tiles, apart from in the shower area.

I was intending on tiling the whole wall, but have decided against that now.

Would you tile around the toilet area, upto the window cill height ?

I intend to use a whitish tile which may have a marble type pattern in it. I also intend to use lines of glass beads at points in the shower. What do you think to a 100mm wide line running down the middle, being dissected by the shower valve.

I am open to ideas.

J

JMW

Personally i'd tile the whole wall, including reveals/head/cill on window and possibly return at half height on the WC wall and on the other side too depending on what is going to be there. At the end of the days its your choice. Dont let the beams and running cuts on the right had side put you off.

R

Rich

As above, I would tile the full wall.

The glass mosaics, are they flat? Just bare in mind that if you have them running behind anything you are going to have to get the shower flat back to the wall to make a water tight seal. If they are flat or slightly shaped you should be fine :thumbsup:

D

danny1

Hi there just looking at pics, what type of enclosure to you intend to use as i think you will have problems with getting a enclosure in area you have tray.

M

marsaday1971

Enclosure is 2 pieces of glass made up for me. i havent stuck the tray down and put the valve in the wall not knowing the dimensions.

The glass at the front is 850mm wide and is 1800mm high. It will just miss the ceiling slope at the end.

If i have painted the wall, does this mean i cannot tile now ? There is no way i will be taking the pint off. it is the first watered down coat.

I am thinking to just do the enclosure and under the window.

I will see how it goes and may go for the whole thing however.

J

JMW

As it only looks like a mist coat you could sand it down and PVA prior to tiling should be fine.

M

marsaday1971

If i just tile the shower area i can use stone. So this is a big problem solved for me because i have plastered the wall and didnt realise this reduced the weight capacity.

So i am just tiling the shower area and it makes life easier and cheaper as a bonus.

Reply to Advise on tile layout in bathroom in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen