Search the forum,

Discuss Advise Grout colour and type in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bwel

Just laying large format 80x80 porcelain tiles on underfloor heating with 2mm grout line in my place. Also laid on Durabase isolation layer.

Any advise on Grout Type and Colour. My preference is a colour that merges in with the tile colour rather than contrasting it.

The tiles are very light in colour. They are Sinseti Explorer Bianco.

image.jpeg

Thx

B

bwel

Yes, I was thinking about Epoxy grout but was advised against it because of the underfloor heating and expoxy could crack. I was advised to use a flexible grout in a darker colour, but personally I'd like the grout to blend in with the colour of the tiles.

I

Italy

I suggest epoxy, because the light color becomes dark quickly. (Gets dirty).
otherwise use darker color. is ok flexible mortar.
Here, a lot of good tilers, might help. wait a moment ;)

J

J Sid

if you or your cleaner use the right cleaning products light coloured grout will stay light. ;)

B

bwel

I like the idea of Expoxy grout in a lighter colour to blend with the tiles, but what about the hardness of Epoxy grout and the tile expansion on to the 2mm grout from the underfloor heating ? Would this cause a cracking issue in grout or tiles ?

Reply to Advise Grout colour and type in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen