Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Advice on white grout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. paul westcott

paul westcott Active Member

Hi again
    Having started to get tiles on my bathroom (at last) i'm now looking for a good white grout. Having spent a bit of time looking through posts on this forum I'm heading towards either Ardex f4 or flex fs in white or tilemaster grout 3000. I'm currently leaning towards the Ardex grout as it seems it gets good reviews and also is a good white colour (i used their tanking system and that seemed pretty good).
    My tiles are white 600x300 10mm thick with 2mm grout lines so want something thats not that sandy. So with that said could you please tell me which version of the Ardex would be suitable enough for me as i'm a little confused on which version would be best f4/fs and which one offers the best white. The wet area will just be the bath with electric shower, the grout will be for walls only.
    Thanks in advance for any replies there appreciated.

2. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

get the FS range in brilliant white

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Grout 3000 isn’t very white.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Kerakoll fugabella eco flex in white is a great grout. My choice of white cement grout now

5. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Ardex is very good but still think you have to go a long way to beat bal for white grout

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. antonio

antonio Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

has the boat returned to port?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I agree with the bal white.
    The Ardex is very white but a bit sandy if I remember correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. paul westcott

Thanks for the replies..I was leaning towards the Ardex as id seen a few comments saying the 3000 wasn't the greatest white. As for the Kerakoll I'd prefer something with a longer working time as i'm no pro and dont need to rush, just want to try and do a good job of it.
    Would the FS brilliant white for anyone who has used it seem a good decision overall for a grout for colour and finish?
    Thanks again

9. paul westcott

sorry was writing last post before saw the other replies..With the bal white which one would you go for, bearing in mind i'm not a pro. I read a lot of post saying the micromax 2 is not the best to work with. Is there a particular type of bal white to go for.
    Would be easier to get as there is a topps tiles near me.

10. Boggs

Boggs Professional Tiler Top Contributor

I find Bal Microflex is better in white than Micromax 2.
    It also has a longer working time.

11. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Go with the Ardex - they are based in Essex.

• Like Like x 1
  12. callatiler

callatiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Bal mm2 snow is very white, can’t actually remember last time I used white.

13. JulianSidney

yes @antonio@antonio it has, been a long and eventful voyage. Hope your keeping well

14. paul westcott

Thanks for your help everyone. So probably will go with the Bal white simply because i can get it off the shelf from Topps and it seems generally a decent grout going by back posts and posts on this thread. As my tiles are gloss white and there will be a small mosaic/glass border going around the room, will the above grout be suitable to use as to not scratch the tiles and border?
    Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  15. JulianSidney

yes, will be fine

• Like Like x 2