Discuss Advice on tiling onto "overlay" underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jonner

Hi All
As mentioned previously thank so much for all the help provided here. We are going ahead with the Nu Heat low pro 10 approach. Once down we are going to be laying Limestone tiles of 22mm thickness.
Any further comments/advise is most welcome.
Best Wishes
Jon

Q

Qwerty

My only (and fairly significant) comment is that the Nuheat low pro 10 system appears to be only suitable for dry lay flooring, not tiles.

F

Flintstone

With regards to your tile, I have a job in the pipeline with some 600x400 matt porcelain, which are a stone look tile and they are very realistic. I will try and get some photos if you like this week.

J

Jonner

Hi Plan Tec
having looked at all of the Low Pro 10 data sheets and posted them on here last week i am surprised that you dont think it suitable for tiling. It says on the data sheet that tiles are fine, and having spoken to them direct they said tiling was "the best option". If you have had another experience then please let me know. Many thanks Jon

Q

Qwerty

Hi @Jonner . I said it 'appears' to be only suitable for dry lay flooring based on this....

Screenshot_20171025-201153.jpg

If you have the confidence and assurance by the company to tile to it, then that is good news. I haven't had the benefit of speaking to the company which you obviously have. Have you physically seen the product tiled?

J

Jonner

Hi Plan Tec
Many thanks for the comments. You are right i have not actually seen tiles down in place i am going in word of mouth and previous installers comments. Which i guess is a risk.
Having spoken to Nu Heat and also a lot of feedback from the guys on here the gypsum based board system seems good for tiling.
Many thanks Jon

Attachments

• LoPro10 install.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 2

Reply to Advice on tiling onto "overlay" underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks