Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on correct preperation for asphalt floor, (Pics Included) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteveyJ

Is that a 'levelling compound', just pour it over the existing floor and bobs your sisters mates boyfriend :lol:, will it stick on the asphelt!.

Yes it can as I think its cause its latex based, a water based levelling compound - no you cant. Wouldn't of thought you'd do 10 to 15 sqm with 1 bag though!!!! You need 3mm thickness to get it to level out, but guess if you apply a feather coat over an existing level floor and levelling isnt an issue then will go further but cant see 10sqm worth???

Toffolo

TF
Reaction score
don't think he wants to level the floor just wants to give it a thin coat so it is suitable to recieve a cement based adhesive. Don't think there would be much point putting 3mm in depth so in that case you should get 8+m2 out of a bag and one bottle. Maybe I overdid it a bit with the 10/15m2 comment.

Reply to Advice on correct preperation for asphalt floor, (Pics Included) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen