Discuss Advice needed - tiler almost doubled verbal quote on invoice, never quoted in writing in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

He is threatening “litigation” if I don’t pay him. I’m more than happy to pay the quoted amount. If he doesn’t have a legal standpoint to “send it to litigation” then I will stand firm and continue extending my offer to pay him what he quoted.

He also stated in his last email that the quote was “for cash”, doesn’t sound like the VAT man is getting any of that!
Well he is pretty stupid to put that in an email . You could use this as leverage

D

Dumbo

It’s just unpleasant to have to be this way. I do a job where we quote for complicated trades on technical projects, and we quote for everything in an email and get agreement before we book anything in. We always state on the quote that additional labour will be x per hour and materials are an estimation within 10% etc.

I guess I have to wait for a solicitors letter now!
If your work is done this way you should of thought it appropriate that work in your house is treated the same way .

D

Dumbo

I should have changed my ferry
I would of driven down from salisbury harry I wouldn't of minded sharing that with you . Probably could of wrapped it in 4 hrs between us . I could of even picked you up from the ferry port so you could of come as a foot passenger .

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would have walked to Southampton for £100 an hour.

J

Just Rizzle

sounds like a he works 10 till 2 and an hour for lunch.
is his name billy the kid
have you photos of his work interested to see what hes done 4 his money

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Rip off merchant , HMRC would love to hear about this , give him his original quote and tell him you and HMRC will see him in coury

Reply to Advice needed - tiler almost doubled verbal quote on invoice, never quoted in writing in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks