Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive thickness? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TCMCC

Hi there,
Doing first paying job soon :hurray:, could someone advise me please, the tiles will be 300x600 ceramic for a wall. What would the correct thickness of adhesive be? Also the reccommended grout thickness?
Thanks!

B

brian c

for that size of tile it would be 10mm round notch trowel and rapidflex adhesive for me and 2mm grout lines.

D

DHTiling

you will need a cement based adhesive with that size tile and most will have a bed depth of about 6mm....this is the depth once the tile is bedded back to the wall......:)

P

Pawelzik

Agree with Brian, but would take 3 mm grout minimum. This was already discussed in former threads.

P

pt44

God I am so new

So I've been laying 600x300 porcelain on a wall this week. I'm presuming from this thread that I should have been using a 10mm square or round, giving me a 6mm bed. Just as well I've been using my 6mm square isn't it :'(

I do like to make life hard for myself. No wonder I have to actually lay FAR more than a 3mm bed - due to the size of tile causing havoc with any slight irregularities in the wall. I presume using a thicker bed (10mm square) would make this FAR easier, as there is some give in the bed? Or have I misunderstood something?

Paul

T

TCMCC

Hiya,

Thanks to all for their advice, all up, and secure.? lol

Just grouting to do next week.

I do hope I speed up tho! It was only about 8 sq mtrs of brick bond with two mosiac borders! Best part of two days!!

B

brian c

the speed will come with themore jobs you do.Dont worry about the speed as its the quality of work you should be concentrating on at these early stages.If you feel you need to ask any questions that you are unsure of ,then come on here and ask away thats what the forum is here for.A problem shared is a problem halfed:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Adhesive thickness? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen