Search the forum,

Discuss A year in the life of a new Tiler. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lucas 2

Nice one Sean! Good read and you must have learned a lot from the guy with 25 years experience, that's priceless! I'm now in about year 3 of self-employed tiling but I would say there have been fewer jobs to quote on since last summer. It must be even harder for people starting now than it was for me. Keep fighting!:11:

D

div

good on sean i hope ur 2nd year is better for u an ur family...keep at it mate ...p.s try ur local council or housing associations for any sub work mate best off luck

F

frogeye

That's two cracking posts I've read from you today Sean. Well done!
I wish you all the best in your profession.

frogeye

L

LM Ceramics

im glad you told this story sean it aint easy being a new tiler ive set up last year only having a few years experience in tiling and i was set up on my own at 19 i knew instantly that would be an obsticle but ive stuck at it and last year i was near enough busy all year with a decent turnover and have now 5 weeks work ahead of me ive had my tough moments believe me sometimes you question what your doing but thats the journey through self employment

as the previous post says " NEW AND WANNABE TILERS TAKE NOTE" dont mean to sound harsh but i see alot on the new members posts where people who are going to get van and tools before they have even took a course well this is what your going to expect and i think sean is a glowing example of the hard work that should be done

all i can say well done mate keep it up

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be more we can do for you. Thanks for posting that, I'd love to see a load of those.

All the best for 2009.

E

Edohanion

:yikes: Thanks for the post Sean, very informative. Looking to start up myself soon and while I'm under no illusions about how difficult things are going to be, especially in the current climate, I hope I'm able to stick at it like you have. Good luck for the future and I hope things pick up for you and everybody else on the forum.:yes:

D

doug boardley

having just re-read your thread Sean, I'm doubly impressed! hope 2009 is a belting year for you!

Reply to A year in the life of a new Tiler. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen