Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss A bit of a survey for TilersForums.co.uk in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rookery

The forum us huge these days. There are loads of areas to it. Some being worked on, some too established to change.

If you want to re-read them all every time you visit a thread click on the post start time and not the thread title. It'll take you to post number one, but will still jump you to that post.
How would anyone know that?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How would anyone know that?
Most people don't want to know that. It's pointless. But they'd ask like you have done.

Years ago when forum software was rubbish you had to scroll to which post you read last to carry on, even if it was 5 pages deep with 20 posts per page.

How is it worse now? Lol

O

Old Mod

Done
Can't say how much work forum has gained me, it's a culmination of all my social media that gets me noticed, it's not unusual for them to notice me firstly in one place then see me again in others, eventually they see something I've done that makes them make contact.
Or I use social media to showcase stuff and lead them there so they can view it.
Can't put everything I do on my website it'd be too big and busy.

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Done it. I don't have a website or use social media but my mate is a heating engineer and gets loads of work on facebook.

Reaction score
I like the forum because it is the most active forum, but it is still much quieter than when I joined years ago. Tilers as a group seem very selfish, so there tends to be little interaction locally, and it's good to have a forum of Tilers who can talk to each other about the trade without feeling (too) threatened about losing business. That said, there is still a tendency for offensive, snappy, or angry comments, but it's nothing like as bad as some other forums. For example, I belonged to a "Labrador" forum - dog lovers are nice people? Never read such offensive and abusive posts in all my life - sometimes threatening to assault and even to kill other posters! A good forum requires strong admin control - it's a little too lenient sometimes. The best group I joined was a timeshare owners group - over 7000 members, and the admin group are very quick to deal positively with offensive or rule breaking posts. As an advice forum, this forum has run out of steam in recent years. Remember SWE? The loss of that kind of input is sadly missed.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Fortunately we don't have any plonkers on here these days. There aren't many bitchy posts considering 180 tilers login every day.

And we are busier when including unregistered readers. It's just we have a lot of the answers already written now so new questions drop off from time to time.

Thanks for filling in the survey matey.

C

col Mack

I got as far as the question "what is 8 plus 2 ".... How the heck am I supposed to answer this ? I am a tiler not a mathematician.

Reply to A bit of a survey for TilersForums.co.uk in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks