Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

I think it will take more like 2-3 days for me to lay,

yeh I realise that now, well I've only layed down a row and a half so far of insulation so I will definitely do that for the rest, thanks.

I

Italy

I think it will take more like 2-3 days for me to lay,

yeh I realise that now, well I've only layed down a row and a half so far of insulation so I will definitely do that for the rest, thanks.
then they are quite 100 pieces of wedges

F

Flintstone

The slight un evenness of boards shouldn't matter too much if you do a good job of levelling it.

M

mp3wizard

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

M

mp3wizard

Guys I'm trying to get some screws down, I'm separating at 300mm roughly, I'm finding some going down tight, some not so much, I guess some are catching joist others are not, from what you see is there any problem from continuing the way I am so far?

F

Flintstone

Looks fine to me, it's getting a covering of levelling compound anyway so don't be overly concerned about the washers being pulled right in

M

mp3wizard

Merry Christmas all,

I have laid down all boards to cut to right size, I intend to take them back up tomorrow and put the adhesive underneath and then screw down, I've ran out of 25mm screws. i've got quite a few slithers along the sides of the room, i'm guessing I can only secure with adhesive and not screws as they are too small. i've also ran foam around the perimeter. I have laid a couple of boards in the bathroom not in brick fashion as it was easier, I just plan to have 1 metres worth of underfloor heating in that room, so hopefully it's not such a huge issue.

can I tape the joints with insulation tape or does it require adhesive?

hopefully I will be in a position to lay the self levelling compound Wednesday or Thursday, I understand that I should purchase a spiked roller and maybe some spikes to fit on my trainers. any suggestions on where to pick it up from locally?with slower xmas deliveries etc, and any advice on size? I have a plastic float already.

the compound I have is 5 bags of tm flexilevel 25kg, the square metres of the floor should be 23.33, will I need to order some more? and any tips?

thanks and apologies I realize this post is a bit jumbled up.

IMG_8523.JPG IMG_8524.JPG IMG_8525.JPG IMG_8526.JPG IMG_8527.JPG IMG_8528.JPG IMG_8529.JPG IMG_8531.JPG

O

Old Mod

If it is 23.3m2 it will take at least 8 bags to give you a 5mm covering of latex.
Depending on thickness of UFH,this is probably the least amount of coveringyou will need.
You can buy a spiked roller from Topps. It's generally a stock item.
Do not use insulation tape.
Use a skrim tape and stick it down with tile adhesive.
You'll only need a skim of adhesive over it. Use the back of your trowel.
Plastic trowel? Serrated?
You are aware you just can't pour the latex and walk away, aren't you?

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen