Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 45° plank tile with underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
C

Concrete guy

I'm liking the underfloor heating systems on this thread. Are they decoupling membranes and heating all rolled into one system?

It certainly beats the days of wrestling with the curly warmup mats.

F

Flintstone

They have been around some time Alan but more and more manufacturers are putting together a system, often sharing mats. Yes it's uncoupling which takes the wire basicsally. A lot of people say it's easier but I'm not so sure, you have to stick the mat down and pay for the mat also so it's never going to replace the market for the tangly mesh sort.

F

Flintstone

Loving this, satisfies my ocd!
Are these layouts pre designed like wet systems?
What was the wattage per sqm?

You buy the cable after some calculations to cover the M2 you need. You alter the spacing to increase or decrease the wattage per m. This one was 185, I think the most powerful one is warm up which can go to 230w per m

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They have been around some time Alan but more and more manufacturers are putting together a system, often sharing mats. Yes it's uncoupling which takes the wire basicsally. A lot of people say it's easier but I'm not so sure, you have to stick the mat down and pay for the mat also so it's never going to replace the market for the tangly mesh sort.
Saves on levelling compound though

F

Flintstone

Not when you Level over it like I did! I have one similar coming up which I'm not going to level over. It's a small difference tho as what you save in leveller you will use nearly as much in extra adhesive.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not when you Level over it like I did! I have one similar coming up which I'm not going to level over. It's a small difference tho as what you save in leveller you will use nearly as much in extra adhesive.
It's not just the cost of the leveller it eliminates the process, saving
time

C

Concrete guy

I guess it could be a nuisance if you're having to fit insulation board, then membrane with wire, then screed. It could give you some height issues.

Other than that I see very little downside.

I have two bathrooms to do this year and I'm always looking through the job threads on here for ideas. Things have moved on a lot since I was tiling.

D

Dumbo

My argumemt exactly . You got to use the material so why not levelling .
Stick down mat .fix cables . Level over nice days work. Maybe not with yours though @Localtiler as it looks quite expansive. As for quicker not levelling , is it if you take in to account the amount of time you take spamming adhesive in to the mat and you know the wrap around the cable isn't as good therefor potetional problems particularly around the cold joint and cable termination . I can't level it I don't do it .It

W

Waluigi

I do Bathrooms non stop yet I would struggle to find a situation where I’d want to use this system.

I think it’s more designed for larger floors.

I’d have a Matt or loose lay wire down far quicker IMHO

D

Dumbo

I do Bathrooms non stop yet I would struggle to find a situation where I’d want to use this system.

I think it’s more designed for larger floors.

I’d have a Matt or loose lay wire down far quicker IMHO
Don't knock it until you've tried it . I've used in small bathrooms .

W

Waluigi

It’s highly unlikely I’m going to go out and spec it for a job. I spec all my jobs. I’m not knocking the system, I think it’s a fantastic idea but I’m just unlikely to want to use it.

Gerard

TF
Reaction score
Beautiful work it's lovely to see great tiling like this.
I love to use this system but the dural rep in my area recommends to use adhesive not slc because dural reckon the adhesive is more flexible so I've always bedded the wires in adhesive which is much slower than slc. What are your thoughts on this guy's?

Reply to 45° plank tile with underfloor heating in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks