Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way trim mitre tutorial in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newtothis

Leatherface, is there anywhere online where these 3 way pieces can be bought?

Thanks

P

Pollo

New to this forum so please excuse me if you've heard this one before....

I've read as much as can here looking for how to do 3 way corners, but I'm still struggling.

My problem is that I'm using a 12mm metal Homelux trim, which isn't a circular profile - it's more of a hockey stick shape. This means that the horizontal mitres are fine, but the vertical piece just won't match.

Topps Tiles in Huddersfield don't have an answer, and (don't cringe) I even considered using pre-made corner pieces - but they don't do them.

Any suggestions at all ?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

contact homelux via this forum and im sure they will put you onto a stockist in your area....click on the homelux sponsor logo at the top of this page.

P

Pollo

Flippin 'eck that was a swift reply !

There's no Homelux logo on the page I'm looking at, but I'll do it through their website.

Thanks, Nigel

D

DHTiling

New to this forum so please excuse me if you've heard this one before....

I've read as much as can here looking for how to do 3 way corners, but I'm still struggling.

My problem is that I'm using a 12mm metal Homelux trim, which isn't a circular profile - it's more of a hockey stick shape. This means that the horizontal mitres are fine, but the vertical piece just won't match.

Topps Tiles in Huddersfield don't have an answer, and (don't cringe) I even considered using pre-made corner pieces - but they don't do them.

Any suggestions at all ?

Just do a two way mitre and file trim so it's not sharp....or go to CTD and buy genesis trims and get there new 3-way corner pieces..very nice they are...:thumbsup:

P

Pollo

Just do a two way mitre and file trim so it's not sharp....or go to CTD and buy genesis trims and get there new 3-way corner pieces..very nice they are...:thumbsup:

That's a great idea, except:

1) I've already put on seven 2.5m lengths so it might look a bit odd, and
2) it's stone coloured metal trim, so it can't be filed.

Unfortunately this seems like one of those things that really can't be bodged.:mad2:

This is the very last bit of about 35sq m of what seems like a travertine lifetime. Next time I will:
1) start with the hard bit (not leave it till last), or
2) Stop being a tightarse and get somebody else to do it.

Hmmmm.

Reply to 3 way trim mitre tutorial in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen