Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way trim mitre tutorial in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

as requested by a member...here is Marks tutorial...brilliant corner solution....Gaz
icon1.gif
3 way mitre..tutorial (hopefully)
Here I am going to attempt to guide you through a the cutting of a 3 way mitre.

picture 1 is of the 3 way mitre.

trim for the top of the mitre is laid flat in the mitre box as in pic 2, after you have cut the mitre you then stand the trim up and cut the mitre in half (the opposite way) as in pic 3, this will then give you a point as in pic 4
next you cut the piece the for the downward trim, you cut this in the opposite to the top piece, cut your mitre in the normal way with the trim standing up, then you lie it flat and cut it in half the opposite way as in pics 5 and 6.

hope this helps with some of the confusion...Mark.
Attached Thumbnails

L

Leatherface

Buy and use 3 way corner joints - around 20 pence from many good tile retailers. Saves time and looks much neater !!!! No mitering required.
Available in a selection of colours and sizes.
Or, for chrome use right angled box section trim instead of curved. No mitering required.

B

baht'at

confused

Unable to see the pictures and when clicked on get the following,
baht'at, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Isn't this open to every one??

F

frogeye

All I see are very small images - is there a zoom function I am missing?
I did this once and vowed never to do it again
I believe that you can buy the corners anyway

I don't like plastic trim anyway - nothing wrong with a nice tiled edge

frogeye

A

andyb

I'd love to be able to see this images but I can't gain access. Any chance you could upload them anywhere else?
Thanks, Andy

N

newtothis

Leatherface, is there anywhere online where these 3 way pieces can be bought?

Thanks

P

Pollo

New to this forum so please excuse me if you've heard this one before....

I've read as much as can here looking for how to do 3 way corners, but I'm still struggling.

My problem is that I'm using a 12mm metal Homelux trim, which isn't a circular profile - it's more of a hockey stick shape. This means that the horizontal mitres are fine, but the vertical piece just won't match.

Topps Tiles in Huddersfield don't have an answer, and (don't cringe) I even considered using pre-made corner pieces - but they don't do them.

Any suggestions at all ?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

contact homelux via this forum and im sure they will put you onto a stockist in your area....click on the homelux sponsor logo at the top of this page.

P

Pollo

Flippin 'eck that was a swift reply !

There's no Homelux logo on the page I'm looking at, but I'll do it through their website.

Thanks, Nigel

Reply to 3 way trim mitre tutorial in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen