Search the forum,

Discuss 2mm floor tile spacers? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JimboD

Hi all,

I'm tiling the bathroom floor this weekend using wood effect tiles (xilema wenge). They are long and thin and all online images show a narrow grout line.

The floor is bounce free Chipboard overlaid with 6mm insulation board fixed with S2 adhesive and then has UHF covered in a thin slc.

2mm will look the smartest (I suspect but am open to opinions) but I am just concerned about if that's wide enough for the floors flexibility needs given UHF and chipboard base layer. Could go to 3 but really not keen on 4mm.

Any quick inputs appreciated on aesthetics vs practicality before I get cracking in the morning.....

cheers
jim

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
No doubt the 2mm looks pleasing to the eye, but BS states 3mm for floor tiles. You will also have to check that the tiles are not bowed otherwise you will find you have lips all over the place. Best way to check is to lay two tiles face to face and they should touch the full length of the tile. If not, then you will have an almost impossible job not to get lips.

Reply to 2mm floor tile spacers? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen