Search the forum,

Discuss 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cat

Its white plaster sealer, when we started renovating this room we knocked a wall down and moved another, and when we pulled all the old tiles off the walls, the walls were so damaged and damp it made more sense to take them right back and put fresh plaster board up and had all the walls and ceiling skimmed.

All of the walls apart from the shower walls will only be partially tiled, and I want the remaining wall that is on show to be white.

I am aware of the complexity of this job, which is why I am looking for someone else to do it for me.

D

Dumbo

As soon you produced your picture s to how it' going to look and where the cuts I would start to get twitchy. Having experienced architects in the past and I am not saying you are like this . But they haven't measured the room accurately. Haven't checked to see if it's square and haven't allowed for grout joint widths in their calculations .
Therefore their picture will not work.

C

Cat

I did the picture initialy to gauge the amount of tiles. Im really not that attached to it, its more that they go around the bath, sink etc, the shower is fully tiled and they all connect

T

Time's Ran Out

It will!
Looks really interesting and the way the hexagonal eat into the plank floor is a nice bit of link up design.
The only issue I see from your info is this white plaster primer. If it’s skinned over the plaster surface it most likely has to be scratched or removed.
@jcrtiling - but we the professionals, this is what we do every day of the week. It’s our job to foresee the issues and point them out before we start . Then the client has a better understanding of how it will work. I’am sure @Cat realises that a self spacing joint will push the tiles away from each other.
But at the end of the day, the diagram certainly gives a good indication to ‘tilers’ what is expected and credit to those who feel it’s a job to far.
Pictures on completion will of course be required.

Reply to 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Jobs | Find a Tiler - Post Tiling Work Here area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen