Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Cat

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Need our bathroom tile, the house is being rennovated and the bathroom is first. All walls are freshly plastered apart from inside the shower which are original walls but have been tanked ready to tile onto. Toilet, sinks etc have not been fitted yet, bath and shower tray are in.

We have had a few local tilers in to look at the job and they said its too hard for them or they don't want the job so looking for a pro that can do this to a good finish.

Tiles are 10mm thick porcelain, hexagonal shaped.

The shower area is to be fully tiled approx 6.5m^2, the rest of the room is only partialy tiled with the tiles following a design around the room. I can provide a plan for the tilea and pictures of the room if required. The tile plan doesnt have to be stuck exactally to as its just a guide, the tiles are almost flowing around the room (hope that makes sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
U

Unused Account 1

It is hard to do ,they probably have to charge you to much for the time its going to take

OP
C

Cat

I don't want to sound ungrateful for your reply, but surely the thing I am paying for is time, and there skills!

A job costs, what it costs. I just want someone to do it so I dont have to do it myself

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

@Cat - your exactly right !
Although it may take a little longer any tiler worth their salt should jump at the opportunity to do something different.
Have any been out to look or is it just from an enquiry that they are not interested.

OP
C

Cat

@Cat - your exactly right !
Although it may take a little longer any tiler worth their salt should jump at the opportunity to do something different.
Have any been out to look or is it just from an enquiry that they are not interested.

I have had 2 come to look at the house, others that have asked me to send them photos and then once I chase them drop off the planet. I'm getting increasingly frustrated

OP
B

Bill

Put photos on here and maybe we could give you an explanation why no tilers are interested. It may help you understand why the tilers are reluctant to do the job.

OP
C

Cat

Hey, Sorry for the delay,

This is the rough tile plan, I have flattened the room to easily see where the cuts etc would be on the tiles

Excuse the mess, we have been using the bathroom as a dumping ground while its not in use.

These are a few images of the bathroom, ignore the tiles that you can see on the bath, these have now been removed and so has all the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

OP
B

Bill

Is that paint on them there walls?

There is a hell of a lot of work in this bathroom, my starting price would be very high.

Good luck.

OP
C

Cat

Its white plaster sealer, when we started renovating this room we knocked a wall down and moved another, and when we pulled all the old tiles off the walls, the walls were so damaged and damp it made more sense to take them right back and put fresh plaster board up and had all the walls and ceiling skimmed.

All of the walls apart from the shower walls will only be partially tiled, and I want the remaining wall that is on show to be white.

I am aware of the complexity of this job, which is why I am looking for someone else to do it for me.

OP
D

Dumbo

As soon you produced your picture s to how it' going to look and where the cuts I would start to get twitchy. Having experienced architects in the past and I am not saying you are like this . But they haven't measured the room accurately. Haven't checked to see if it's square and haven't allowed for grout joint widths in their calculations .
Therefore their picture will not work.

OP
C

Cat

I did the picture initialy to gauge the amount of tiles. Im really not that attached to it, its more that they go around the bath, sink etc, the shower is fully tiled and they all connect

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

It will!
Looks really interesting and the way the hexagonal eat into the plank floor is a nice bit of link up design.
The only issue I see from your info is this white plaster primer. If it’s skinned over the plaster surface it most likely has to be scratched or removed.
@jcrtiling - but we the professionals, this is what we do every day of the week. It’s our job to foresee the issues and point them out before we start . Then the client has a better understanding of how it will work. I’am sure @Cat realises that a self spacing joint will push the tiles away from each other.
But at the end of the day, the diagram certainly gives a good indication to ‘tilers’ what is expected and credit to those who feel it’s a job to far.
Pictures on completion will of course be required.

Reply to 18sq m of hexagon tiles in Hemsby, Norfolk in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock