Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 1 week after tiling: UFH not on but central heating pipes heating tiles... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wilfredolimb

Hi,

I finished my tiling/grout around a week ago, I haven't planned on turning on the electric UFH until another few weeks. But, i've left the central heating on a few days running (house was cold from not living in it) and I've noticed where the pipes run under the bathroom floor its heating the tiles above.

Will this affect the tile adhesive like how the UFH would if I turned it on early?

Thank you for help :smilewinkgrin:

F

floora

The central heating is usally a lower temp and as such unlikly to affect the tiling

S

Superally

depends where you have installed the temp sensor for the floor. If it is very close to the radiator pipes it could give a false reading and shut down prematurely. I think the water in the pipes in cental heating can be as hot as 85oC thereabouts. Is the floor the main heating for the room or is it just for comfort?? Best to experiment once you have moved in as you may be worrying over nothing.

W

wilfredolimb

hi, thanks for response guys,

the temp sensor isn't too close to the pipes, around 300mm away.
we have a towel rail which heats the room aswel, the UFH was primarily to take the chill off the floor.

I'm just worried that the adhesives above where the pipes are may be cracking or something..but I guess i cnt do anything now, just wait and see

Thanks

Reply to 1 week after tiling: UFH not on but central heating pipes heating tiles... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks