Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Your Invention in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dagger

I've got some i can sell you, its £25 for a 25kg bag, but its so popular ive had to disguise it as thistle multi to deter theives.

ooohhh! do they do that in B&Q aswell?
there must be a lot of theivery there!:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

"A flip over tile saw.".....A nice flat bed one side with no arm in the way like some table plunge saws and then it flips over for mitres and compound mitres...just like what k/fitters use but for tilers.:thumbsup:

That would be a TRUE invention and make a comp many pennies.:smilewinkgrin:

O

Olz

I do mail order if you like, i just need your account number, sort code and password.....

fonejacker.jpg

D

dagger

I do mail order if you like, i just need your account number, sort code and password.....

fonejacker.jpg

well my account number is 12345456 and my sort is 12-34-56,

bill me for 100 bags!, by the way you do look charming in that suit!

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

J

jamie B

"A flip over tile saw.".....A nice flat bed one side with no arm in the way like some table plunge saws and then it flips over for mitres and compound mitres...just like what k/fitters use but for tilers.:thumbsup:

That would be a TRUE invention and make a comp many pennies.:smilewinkgrin:

Mark me down for one as soon as you go into production!..do we get a tilers forum discount ha ha ha!:lol:

B

Bartlett

My invention.... customers who don't think they know how to tile. Ridiculous I know, and it'll never happen, but it would be great.

U

user123

What a fab thread Whitebeam, and what great ideas!!

Mine would be ready mixed epoxy grout washable in water until dry...and it wouldn't go off in the tub...it could go on with a special grout spreader that would cause the curing reaction...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My invention would have to be some form of applicator that allows you to stand up and tile floors. Something that perhaps you'd load the tiles on-to and push along the floor and it spreads the adhesive mixed in a tub on the front and also slides rows of tiles down it and somehow presses them in to get perfect flatness and coverage. I bet if it was NASA making it, it'd have bubbles on it to geep the floor perfectly level, perhaps even GPS to workout where it's going and things working out where walls are and a cutter on it too doing it all for you. Imaging pressing an on button and watching it wonder around like one of those automatic hoover things you see.

Or perhaps that'd do tilers out of work. Pehaps the price of them could be quite high and you hire them out to your customers jobs or something and they just turn them on, when you pick it up your pickup your cheque. :)

Now that's outside the box thinking!

B

Bolter

Id like a new rule instead of an invention. I think it should be the law that if a plasterer/chippy/plumber or painter did a crap job, I would be allowed to tazer them until it gets sorted properly.

Painters are in there because I have a constant battle with painters to try to get them not to paint where I have to tile. As you can tell, Im pretty bored with scraping paint off walls :mad2:

B

Bartlett

Id like a new rule instead of an invention. I think it should be the law that if a plasterer/chippy/plumber or painter did a crap job, I would be allowed to tazer them until it gets sorted properly :mad2:

Ha ha, problem is that some of the decorators/chippys I have to deal with seem to work as though they've been tazered already. It wouldn't make much difference!

And how about a new bit of Health and Safety legislation that says a customer has to leave the house and keep out the way until the job is finished. So no more 'I really want it like this' when you know best.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamie B

Id like a new rule instead of an invention. I think it should be the law that if a plasterer/chippy/plumber or painter did a crap job, I would be allowed to tazer them until it gets sorted properly.

Painters are in there because I have a constant battle with painters to try to get them not to paint where I have to tile. As you can tell, Im pretty bored with scraping paint off walls :mad2:

don't mean to sound like an old fart, but most of the painters on my london site at the moment are so stoned all the time they just paint and paint and paint until it's hometime or their joint goes out! I've even marked areas out in huge letters and lines to find it painted over the next day....I give up!:mad2:

B

Bolter

don't mean to sound like an old fart, but most of the painters on my london site at the moment are so stoned all the time they just paint and paint and paint until it's hometime or their joint goes out! I've even marked areas out in huge letters and lines to find it painted over the next day....I give up!:mad2:

Normally I say to the site agent "are you positive that the painters know not to paint the areas Im tiling?" to which they always respond "of course!" to which I say "well if you are sure, sign this daywork sheet for me for my time scraping paint off the walls, and counter charge the painters"

:mad2:

I sometimes ask the site agent to sign a disclaimer saying that tiles may still fail as wall was previously painted and we arent to be held responsible.

W

wivers

IM gonna invent a portable toilet that folds down into my tool box.

Im fed up of ruining ggod buckets and staining customers bogs..... i'm gonna set to work on a mini portaloo with a cusioned heated seat.

Hang on......... its already been done!!! *******s nicked me idea..... looks good though.

loo.jpg

D

dagger

IM gonna invent a portable toilet that folds down into my tool box.

Im fed up of ruining ggod buckets and staining customers bogs..... i'm gonna set to work on a mini portaloo with a cusioned heated seat.

Hang on......... its already been done!!! *******s nicked me idea..... looks good though.

loo.jpg
NICE....but, nasty!
what do you do with it at the end of the day wivers?

Reply to Your Invention in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks