Currently reading:
Wood effect tiles

Search the forum,

Discuss Wood effect tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

I have done two jobs in the last week with dark brown tiles with woodgrain on them. One was a large floor 30m2 with 600x600 tiles. The client had ivory grout.

The other job was a bathroom floor and around a shower with similar but smaller tiles, beige grout was used on both.

Initial thoughts where the grout was going to be too light in colour but it looked a treat when finished and really highlighted the grain in the tiles.

For floors i still would go with grey or dark brown if it was my own simply to reduce effects of dirt and grime over time.

P

Proper Job

First of all any large format tile should be fixed with single part Flexi adhesive if tiling on to a wood floor base i would go for a 2 part flexi adhesive for tile sizes above 600mm x 600mm even when plywood or hybrid board is used. I have come across two types of Wood effect tiles small pieces and large plank sizes oh and the topps tiles 13" square. Regarding the grout always tell the customer to choose the colour there is no right or wrong colour in there eyes. But dark colour grouts are better on floors in most cases unless you seal the floor afterwards take a look terrazo laid in shopping centres white grout is used never gets dirty because its sealed. Epoxy grout is about the best and its very easy to clean and stays top notch over time even the colour white.

Reply to Wood effect tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.