Search the forum,

Discuss window reveal. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zohar1

Hi folks.
Im after a bit of advice. im tiling my bathroom walls. (floor to ceiling). i was wondering how to ensure that my tiles join above the window?. i was thinking of using vertical batons to make sure tile lines dont wander at all and then a horizontal baton above window then fill in the window cuts when batons removed. does this sound right or am i being to elaborate?? thank for advice

L

Leatherface

Always a bit tricky - wouldn't bother with vertical battens - more likely to be out than if you use a long spirit level - just keep checking your lines as you go, both vertical and horizontal. Make sure you have a good quality spirit level.

C

CON5933

Also... trust your datums, not the window, don't assume the reveals are bang on square..:)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Dont bother with the vertical battens, what you need to do is make sure your datum (horizontal) line is bang on level as it should be, tile until you get the last row of tiles under the window.
You then build a single block of tiles around the window 2 verticals each side and a bridge across the top, use your level for the verticals to make sure they are plum, if the top bridge of tiles dont exactly meet spot on, put your level on the vertical and push the whole row till the top is square. You can then find the high, low, wide points of the window and cut your tiles square to that point, this will automatically square up the window if its out of shape, pack out the reveals,
Hope you can follow it, its really easy when shown rather than descibed

Reply to window reveal. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen