Discuss Why can't I reply to thread 'Small shower room' ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

It's not that uncommon in London now, people can't afford to move so they coming up with more and more innovative ways of increasing floor space. The window in this room has an architrave which is moulded in one piece and is watertight. The complete area is tanked floor to ceiling, every effort was made to form a watertight room.
Heres another one recently completed.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Its in the "wall and floor tilers work" board. I believe the permissions are set that only members with arms access can create and reply to their own threads.
The idea behind it is to have a section to showcase your work like an online portfolio. Clever titles will help your business rank more/better in google too.

I

Ian

Just wondering why 'reply' to the above thread is disabled. Also wondering why a new shower in a loft conversion has a massive window in it :yikes:

It's just a showcase forum for people to show us their work. Only the OP can add to the thread. The idea behind it is to have an area where we can put all our work pics and direct customers to view them without having to navigate several posts, a kind of online portfolio if you will. If you want to ask a question about a particular job in this forum, just start a new thread and link it in the opening post.

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to it Ali

Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Your reply is better than mine though. ;-)

Running round like a headless chicken packing ready to move house next week before i shoot down to the city later for work this week.

Can't wait to get moved. 3_fall whereabouts in London do you mainly work. Do you contract to one of the many loft conversion companies I've seen around?

G

Gazzer

We had this requested by members of the forum, and it's a good idea.

You'll need to be a TilersForums Arms member to post in here. Label your jobs by the area, and perhaps stick your business name in the thread title too. That'll help potential customers find the thread(s) which should help with enquiries. Make sure you stick your business contact details in your signature / and or the thread also.

Post jobs in here in individual threads. For now, while we work out how to do this, I've turned off replies. So only you can reply to your own threads. That's to help you and others when browsing the threads. And you can also then add a before, during, and after post with no interruption from others, over a period of time.

We'll have a chat to see if we want replies turned on though. Perhaps we then allow the editing of the first post long-term or something so the threads are still browsable.

Have a go, post a thread and add pictures to it of the job, and a lengthy description of the job, what was used, what the customer wanted, how you did that for them, etc. Sell yourself in them, as it's nice to read about your skills. :)

O

Old Mod

Can't wait to get moved. 3_fall whereabouts in London do you mainly work. Do you contract to one of the many loft conversion companies I've seen around?
i mainly work west side of London, Putney northwards, Fulham, Chelsea, Ealing.
Yeah I've worked for a few, but it can tough getting in because generally speaking the actual loft company will not associate itself with the tiling. Far too paranoid about leaks. That not withstanding, it is possible, but they will only recommend me as a preferred fixer, they will not include it in the build. Which is not all bad as I get to work directly with the client, and as I'm nominated by loft company, getting the job is not too tough. But a lot of the clients can be excruciatingly difficult! Haha
Where u moving to Ali, closer to town then?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'm moving to Kent in just over a week!
Been subbing for a construction company that operates in the South. In SW18 at the moment on a wetroom but also did some work in Peckham. So think its anywhere South of the river.
You're right what yoyr saying about space being premium and lift conversions I imagine is huge business at the minute. Every street I drive down has at keadt one home with all the scaffold up.

O

Old Mod

I'm moving to Kent in just over a week!
Been subbing for a construction company that operates in the South. In SW18 at the moment on a wetroom but also did some work in Peckham. So think its anywhere South of the river.
You're right what yoyr saying about space being premium and lift conversions I imagine is huge business at the minute. Every street I drive down has at keadt one home with all the scaffold up.
Oh wow SW18! Wimbledon then? Haha I'm currently SW4 Streatham, right on Clapham Common! That grey bathroom I've put up on here in drubs and drabs is SW18! And so is that bathroom I put in 'show us your work' that was opposite South Wimbledon Tube!.
If your up for it or IF u have time maybe we could hook up in the coming days! No pressure just an idea.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Wandsworth. But yeah only a mile away from Wimbledon. Or in London timings about an hour and a half away!
I've got a lot to get done with this week but have nothing to do come evening time so that could be cool. Drop me a text or something so i have your number. 07707069947

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's not that uncommon in London now, people can't afford to move so they coming up with more and more innovative ways of increasing floor space. The window in this room has an architrave which is moulded in one piece and is watertight. The complete area is tanked floor to ceiling, every effort was made to form a watertight room.
Heres another one recently completed.

Is the tray boarded in or against the wall?
To make it completely water tight s it better boarded in if enough room on the top or against the wall ?

O

Old Mod

Is the tray boarded in or against the wall?
To make it completely water tight s it better boarded in if enough room on the top or against the wall ?
To be completely honest I don't recall, however, I always bring the tanking over the tray and after tiling trim back.

Reply to Why can't I reply to thread 'Small shower room' ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks