Search the forum,

Discuss White Gloss or Matt Tiles large format in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chr15athome

Hi,

I am looking to purchase large white either gloss or matt finish tiles for a kitchen floor. I need approx 22 m.sq. ideally in porcelain but ceramic will be fine.
Tiles also need to be rectified edges and totally flat to achieve a minimal grout joint. I am sure you will know the effect I am after.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

C

chr15athome

Can anyone help? You'd think that they'd be easy to find but not on the high street.

Chris

C

chr15athome

Thanks I will try them, There are three big tile distributors on Geldard Road in Leeds just round the corner which I didn't know about. B&Q recommended them to me which is a surprise...lol. Hopefully if I ask they can order them in even if they don't stock them.

Thanks for your help so far, i'll be back if I have no further luck.

Chris

Reaction score
and round the corner there's, Tile Trader and then Topps Tiles just before Macro, Tile Depot on Elland Rd & European Ceramics in Armely.

I use them all

G

grumpygrouter

Hi,

I am looking to purchase large white either gloss or matt finish tiles for a kitchen floor. I need approx 22 m.sq. ideally in porcelain but ceramic will be fine.
Tiles also need to be rectified edges and totally flat to achieve a minimal grout joint. I am sure you will know the effect I am after.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
Not sure you will find rectified edges on normal ceramic floor tiles, you will probably need to be lokking at porcelain for that, and if you need them as "flat" as possible, don't go for too big a size, porcelain tiles can be "bowed" because of the firing process used with them if they are big tiles. Also, minimal grout joints can be asking for trouble, what is your floor made of?

T

Time's Ran Out

I know the effect that your after exactly! Are you fixing them yourself or getting it laid by a time served tiling contractor - because that is what you'll need. Explain to him what materials you are hoping to get and the joint size/edge you require before he gives you a price. White tile, no joint, flat edges - you will need a perfectly flat floor, a very expensive quality tile and just wait until the sun shines!:thumbsup:
John.

D

Daz

I know the effect that your after exactly! Are you fixing them yourself or getting it laid by a time served tiling contractor - because that is what you'll need. Explain to him what materials you are hoping to get and the joint size/edge you require before he gives you a price. White tile, no joint, flat edges - you will need a perfectly flat floor, a very expensive quality tile and just wait until the sun shines!:thumbsup:
John.

Totally agree!

I did a similar look for a customer back in October. That was a 330 x 330 from Porcelanosa. It looked the dogs danglies when finished, I'll try and find some pics....

C

chr15athome

Hi Thanks for the info.

Tried Topps and the big distributors on Geldard Road only sell what they have on display. Ordered a sample from ebay of a white porcelain tile, it was cream.

Here is the decor we have maybe you have more of an idea what will look best:-

White Gloss Units & Doors with curved corners.
Wood work tops in a light oak colour.

We want a polished look to the floor. We have seen the white flat gloss tiles done in a hotel in London so I know it looks good. We saw some star galaxy white tiles that looked good but at £120 sq m. They were double our budget for the tiles. Know of a cheaper source?

As a last resort I get rid of the missus and compromise on the perfect look :oops:

Cheers

Chris

Reply to White Gloss or Matt Tiles large format in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen