Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the best WET SAW out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Whats the best wet sawthere is for domestic work

What are the more expensive ones that have fold away legs like.

I seen a cheap on in Topps for £160

Are they better then the wet saw that i have that i bought for £30 from B&Q

R

Ric

just got myself a mastertiler (plasplugs) from B&Q today 79 notes! seems good value for money.

Not on legs though mate !!

T

tysfoot

the ones with legs on, i mean the industrial looking ones that sell on some websites for £400.

Does anyone use these for domestic work or does everyone use the plasplugs ones from b&q

F

Fekin

Im a Plasplug man :)

Just upgraded my dry Plasplug cutter for a Husqvarna 670 but still got my little trusty Plasplug compact plus wetsaw too, but I was also looking at getting the Master tiler, and for under £80 I don't think you can go far wrong.

But I do like the look of a rail wetsaw too.... so I don't know for sure yet.

T

tops111

i use plasplugs contractor plus with macrist blade. Cuts through anything! 97 quid on t*****tiler.com. if keep guard low enough no spray either. I use it indoors all the time.Saves freezing ya cockles off in the winter.:yes:

D

davy_G

buy any cutter and get a macrist blade fron mr tile trader himself. I just hoof a small desktop wetcutter alon g to all my jobs and it eats porcelini!

H

howard

somebody gave me a £20.00 wet cutter when i first started out it would not cut anything went to scerwfix for a new blade paid £40.00 and it cuts everything had it 9months now and its still going strong its the blade that counts not the not the wet cutter

D

DHTiling

When you choose your wet cutter. don't just go for the cheap range if you can

because a 450w etc motor will struggle with large format slate / terracotta

etc..especially when doing repetitive cutting...a machine that has an induction

motor won't burn out like traditional bush type motors will..

so my advise would be to try and buy machine with a higher output motor

to cope with the demands asked of it..and then accompanied with a good

blade..the macrist mentioned is a great blade..( i use the turbo one )...

but there are other brands as well...rubi have a good selection for every material.

The choice of machine is up to the individual..The plasplug range has a good

choice.. probably the mastertiler would be the best of its range very popular cutter

and can be bought for a very reasonable price..

I use rubi machine's now excellent build quality and powerful motors.. i use the

diamant d200.. 1.2 hp motor and won't struggle on thick stone's..

So my advise is to choose wisley and not just cause it's cheap...

You will find some nice cutters from neil at... http://www.buybrandtools.com/

Good luck............

F

Fekin

Worst thing I fine with buybrandtools is that unless you actually want a Rubi then you've had it, no choice what so ever, and with so many cutters on the market, wet and dry that are very equal in quality, it's a shame they don't have any other choice.

Reply to Whats the best WET SAW out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen