Search the forum,

Discuss what weight tiles will paramount take in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

rl11tr

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys, another newbie here, what weight in kgs per sqm will honeycomb plasterboard walls take please? Paramount Partition wall boards type. I want to fully tile my bathroom walls in 600x300 ceramic tiles but, since finding out the wall structure I am now concerned the walls won’t take the weight - help please.

Yes they are, currently half tiled with 6x6 bog standard ceramic tiles with white emulsion walls. The existing tiles are dropping off and the plaster underneath looks like new (24 year old house). I thought take the existing off, make good if required, Unibond all walls, use Mapei waterproof paint for where the shower over bath will be and then add the new 600x300 ceramic tiles. My main concern is the weight on the paramount walls (new to me) though I see what you may be getting at, as I suppose the skim could break away under the weight? Thank you for your time.

Newbie here! Not sure if I should have started a new thread or not but this one is so similar, I thought best to post here.

I have the exact same situation - 26 year old house with paramount wall. The existing six inch tiles pretty much fell off with a light tap! Underneath is pristine pink plaster over plasterboard that only looks to be a millimeter thick. I too want to put up new 600 x 300 ceramic tiles. So a coat of acrylic primer and cement based adhesive is the way to go? - is that what the OP ended up doing? Or should I go another route? e.g. cover the wall (2m x 2m) with new plasterboard and tile onto that?

I'm actually preparing and tiling three walls to take a shower bath. I have a stud wall to build for a short side (2m x 1m) and aren't sure whether to give it a face of plasterboard, cement board, ply or something else? What thickness?

The third wall is rendered and skimmed breeze block, so I assume this is my most stable wall and not a problem.

Finally (if not too many questions in one post!), should I tank any or all three sides prior to tiling? There will be a shower fitted above the bath on the stud wall end

Last edited:

Reply to what weight tiles will paramount take in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen