Search the forum,

Discuss What is the height limit before I have to mechanically fix tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Is it inside or out Josh?
I believe mechanical fixing in domestic situation is currently under review.
commercial is 3m and above.
your substrate should be mechanically fixed too.
10mm porcelain is right on limit of Pb. 1or 2kgs to spare. For safety reasons they’d be better off moving up to a backer board.
How you going to mechanically fix the tiles?

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Is it inside or out Josh?
I believe mechanical fixing in domestic situation is currently under review.
commercial is 3m and above.
your substrate should be mechanically fixed too.
10mm porcelain is right on limit of Pb. 1or 2kgs to spare. For safety reasons they’d be better off moving up to a backer board.
How you going to mechanically fix the tiles?
It’s inside tiling I will be putting fixings in the plasterboard into the block work as it’s only dot and dabbed onto block work at the moment I see the tiles he’s ordering today they are actually ceramic there’s only 4m2 above 3metres high

Reply to What is the height limit before I have to mechanically fix tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen