Currently reading:
What is best to use to fix the tiles

Discuss What is best to use to fix the tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm going to be tiling a bathroom, which will have mostly metro type ceramic tiles on 3 walls with a mosaic border & one wall where the shower is in just glass mosaic tiles. I'm trying to work out what Mapei adhesive is best. I was going to use Mapei P10 for the mosaic & am unsure whether Keraquick fast setting single part flexible or Mapei Pro Flexible would be best to use for the ceramic tiles. If neither I'd be grateful for pointers

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Simon,
You definitely wouldn’t want to use any type of rapid setting adhesive, as a diy’er let alone in the summer months.
Typically pro tilers wouldn’t use a rapid set for wall tiles either.
Any standard set S1 class adhesive should be fine.
The glass mosaic may not be so straight forward, are they translucent in any way?
Also, how are they coloured?
Occasionally some adhesives could react with the backing.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Glasgow
Hi Simon, I've been using Mapei Adesilex P9 in white the past couple jobs with lots of smaller metro tiles. Good pot life on it so i can recommend that for you. Also be careful as to push too much adhesive through the mesh of the mosaics as the adhesive will bleed through and potentially show through the grout, you need to drop to a 4mm trowel for these. good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Reply to What is best to use to fix the tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement