Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom to tank or not to tank in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

D

Djhitman

hi all,

Newbie on the site but reading through your post has really helped.

A builder is installing an wet room in my new loft conversion. I wanted to know what’s the best system i.e tray and membrane or tray and roll on?

I know about the highly recommended Impey tray and kits but was recommended this as Linear Wet Room Kit | Walk in Shower | 1200 x 900mm | Wetrooms Online - https://www.wetrooms-online.com/wet-rooms/wet-room-kits-trays/wetbase-linear-wet-room-kit/linear-end-drain-wet-room-walk-in-shower-kit-with-tileable-cover-1500-x-900-x-30mm-detail.html by another tiler.

I a worried about leakes and Impey looks like May have issues with drains as far as read.

Looking for a base which is a minimum of 900 x 1200

Any help and advise you be great.

No floor has been laid, so wooden sub floor. Will be think porcelain tiles and money is tight.

Thank you

D

Djhitman

Thanks everyone really helpful. So I am guessing wet room online kit above is no good?

The Impey kits seem to be the way forward but really pricey and on top of that if not installed correctly a waste of money.

Really did not want a shower tray. Any suppliers that you would recommend for the Impey kits

W

Waluigi

If you can- try to do a flood test before tiling. Not that many people bother. My local place stocks bungs for their waste so you can perform the test.

The last five or so I have done have all been tested in this way.

D

Djhitman

Any advice on where I might get the Impey kits and trays cheaply. The bungs also a good idea

Reply to Wetroom to tank or not to tank in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen