Search the forum,

Discuss Wet tile saw for occasional use in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
For basic tiles and tiling the vitrex Pro is a good cutter...

For stone or large format porcelain 600x600 or bigger then the rubi ND 200

Although I generally use a grinder now.
The blades have come on leaps and bounds to what they used to be, and you can get just as good a finish as you would a wet cutter..

Hi, thank you for getting back to me and giving the advice.

The Tiler I used to use uses a grinder with a 1mm blade I believe. Can you cut a mosaic Victorian tile in half to make a triangle with a grinder? And without any little chips on the cut side?

Which blades would you recommend?

Again, thanks for your help.

P.s. to be honest, I was kind of a little flat looking at the options suggested as I had kind of convinced the wife I needed one on an arm. Hehe

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
If youre not going to be cutting day in day out, this is ok.
Vitrex Power Max 560 560W Tile Cutter 230V - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/vitrex-power-max-560-560w-tile-cutter-230v/89873?kpid=89873&cm_mmc=Bing-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20%7C%20Tools&utm_term=1100608846388&utm_content=Shopping%20-%20Tools&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=CPi0n8qGrdgCFRQtGwodTCsNRw&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CMGywMqGrdgCFWwj0wodlG4Apg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
This is the one I mean...
IMG_20171228_154455.png
it's a table saw and would be ideal for cutting small tiles in half..

Why do you want a rail cutter...?
Your limited on the size tile you can cut and imo unless your going to spend 8 to 9 hundred pound on a decent rail cutter like a dewalt d2400 then there not that good......

As @jcrtiling said, and get a good quality blade for the grinder. Will be easier to carry around.

So this sigma will cut large format porcelain tiles?

Can you also recommend which blade for an angle grinder? Do you find it easy to cut a mosaic sized tile in half with an angle grinder? I am not sure you would have much control really as you would only be using one hand?

Reply to Wet tile saw for occasional use in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.