Search the forum,

Discuss wet saw spray fest in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ryanbrown

I'm using a plasplugs wetsaw and i'm using a small cutting wheel - about 3inch, so that I can do a 1inch square drop cut in the shape of a square.

Do you need to put more water in the resevoir the smaller the wheel so that the wheel is skimming through the water?

The trouble is when I put more water in - i get sprayed with water when trying to do drop cuts (with the safety guide removed) and generally.

Anyway of avoiding getting sprayed with water in the face all the time and still have enough water on the tile?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Your blade does need to be in the water to cool it, so if you're using a smaller blade you probably will need to add more water than the marker states. Although always check to make sure there's no other reason the reservoir has a max water level marker. So unfortunately if you're removing the safety guard you're gonna get soaked. I've seen some use a waterproof apron type thing although I used to just put up with it if its just the odd cut.

R

ryanbrown

thanks, i think i might invent some sort of box with a transparent plastic cover that sits on top of the whole thing so i can look at it the whole thing through a window. Better than steamed up and soaked goggles.

B

brian c

a wee bit of water never hurt anyone,how many of these cuts are you actuallyu doing Ryan?Try using a grinder but dont complain about the dust.lol:lol:

A

abskiing

Use a Makita battery operated tile cutter, water is fed from a bottle to drip on the blade, need to have a steady hand though.

abskiing

Reply to wet saw spray fest in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen