Search the forum,

Discuss Weber Pr360 Advice (or Other) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

freddy871

I think I have read every post out there with regards to old vinyl tile removal and the thinnest of bitumen residue left behind. So kitchen/diner has been made into one, dining side bitumen was extra thick so concrete sander was used to remove,, for some reason i did not bother with kitchen side as residue was so this i can clearly see screed texture (area 7 sq meters). After any hours of reading I have seen many say use WEBER PR360 and tile straight over, or even some say use mapei eco prim grip.. I am hoping someone will confirm as the floor it perfectly level and units are all fitted so would like to prime and tile. For ref, was looking to put down 600 x 600 porcelain tiles over 24 sq meters with mapei keraquick grey fastset. Please be gentle as so far going on advice of manufacturers and tile retailers (tile mountain & weber technical).. cheers J

S

Stef

Mix your PR 360 down to a 4:1 or 5:1 let it dry & tile.
You could use Eco prim grip or make your own slurry coat out of sbr & rapid set addy.
You are good to go if floor is flat.

L

LM

In the soft flooring game any time we uplift old tiles that have been stuck down with 'black jack' as it's known in the trade we are advised that if the adhesive is well adhered to the screed, which is easily observed by the fact that the tiles have came up without removing any of the glue from the screed, then simply level over the floor with a good two part self levelling compound and you'll be fine. If you have to take a spade and use all your might to get a vinyl tile off the floor and the glue stays there then it's going nowhere in the future and a 'good' two part leveller over that is going nowhere also!

F

freddy871

Thanks Gents, Think I will stick with weber pr360 as want to keep mess to a minimum being that kitchen is in and walls decorated. Your advice is much appreciated.

O

Old Mod

In the soft flooring game any time we uplift old tiles that have been stuck down with 'black jack' as it's known in the trade we are advised that if the adhesive is well adhered to the screed, which is easily observed by the fact that the tiles have came up without removing any of the glue from the screed, then simply level over the floor with a good two part self levelling compound and you'll be fine. If you have to take a spade and use all your might to get a vinyl tile off the floor and the glue stays there then it's going nowhere in the future and a 'good' two part leveller over that is going nowhere also!
That's how I was taught, back when curly wurly's we're massive! :p

Reply to Weber Pr360 Advice (or Other) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen