Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian tiled floors that had been written off. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

Hi these are floors from contracts over the years most had been written off by either the client or the architect.
not going to say anything much about them as the pics do it all. again my apologies if they are out of sequence but i'm sure that everyone can figure them out.
Cheers Steve. the mosaic in sections came from the corn exchange in Manchester they were blown apart by an IRA bomb. not sure if i'm the only restorer who has worked on bomb damage mosaic's ? You done any G ?:hurray:

Attachments

• CORN Exchange mosaics 1to3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 53
  • St Thomas Mosaic Figure restored..jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 53
  • St Thomas Mosaic stages.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Liverpool 3 stage floor.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Corn Exhange mosaic 4to6.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 47
  • ST Thomas IOM Head 1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Wigan Floor.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 47
  • St Thomas IOM.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Nia Roberts Wales.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Bacup Mosaic.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 44
U

user123

Hi these are floors from contracts over the years most had been written off by either the client or the architect.
not going to say anything much about them as the pics do it all. again my apologies if they are out of sequence but i'm sure that everyone can figure them out.
Cheers Steve. the mosaic in sections came from the corn exchange in Manchester they were blown apart by an IRA bomb. not sure if i'm the only restorer who has worked on bomb damage mosaic's ? You done any G ?:hurray:

No, never, don't think I'd fancy it either, can't do floor work with a dicky knee and really have to create my own stuff. Then again I've never done any, so you never know, might love it. I really like small detailed work more and more, and making it all very tidy, so if enough time was allowed and I could work at the table only, well, it could be a different story.... :) Some gorgeous work there... well done, Steve :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Victorian tiled floors that had been written off. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen