Search the forum,

Discuss Van roof vents in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone fitted one?

Meant to do this through the summer but it never happened. The cold weathers back and the vans condensating like a mad thing!

Ive ordered up a Flettner vent which hasnt arrived as yet, so any advice about cutting a 4" hole in the roof of the Tranny? (Metal hi-top, not fibreglass!)

H

hillhead

Great move mouldy, I could do with one myself.
You could get your hands on a 100mm metal cutting drill saw, or with patience mark the round hole and go around with a drill bit until you can pop the centre out. Let us know how it goes and performs please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Cant do it with a hole saw because the cutout isnt round! ;)

Hacked of with the amount of condensation in the back of the van, bagged materials and tools dont like it too much! Time to act me thinks.

Bought one of these FLETTNER TCX VENTILATOR from Demar, cheapest place I could find one in white. Didnt want the black carbuncle on top of white van, would spoilt the image!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Dont own one bud. Got two routers though! Not sure I can get cutters for metal, pity it isnt a fibreglass roof.

Probably go down the jigsaw route, or a combination of holesaw/jigsaw.

To be honest its probably not going to be that difficult, at least no more difficult then cutting shapes in tiles! Its just that Im cutting a bloody great hole in the roof of me van!!!

G

Gazzer

Angle grinder and thin metal cutting wheel would be my choice. Just surround the cutting area with damp towels to keep sparks and heat down.

Reaction score
make it smaller than need be and then enlarge bit by bit until you get to the size required, you should then not have a hole that is too big....

Reply to Van roof vents in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen