Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Van Insurance for Tilers 2015 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who came out best for your van insurance this year? And why?

I

Ian

Direct line for this as well, £391 for the year. 2006 vivaro, 10k miles per year, 10 years no claims and no points.

Q

Qwerty

Aviva van insurance
£314
2008 Vivaro factory crew LWB
10k miles per annum
17 yrs guaranteed protected NCB
£500 tool cover
LWB courtesy van
Personal injury cover
Legal cover

S

Spare Tool

Aviva van insurance
£314
2008 Vivaro factory crew LWB
10k miles per annum
17 yrs guaranteed protected NCB
£500 tool cover
LWB courtesy van
Personal injury cover
Legal cover
Christ Aviva quoted me nearly a grand after I told em van was sign written, that's a good deal..

Reaction score
Vehicle Insurance quotes are always cheaper with a new company each year. Companies tend to offer substantial discounts for new customers because they often stick with the expensive second/third year quotes where the insurance company then make large profits.

I think the Martin Lewis recommendation is to change every year. Use two comparison websites to get quotes, and also phone Aviva and Direct line separately (these companies wont allow use in comparison websites). Chose best quote - be careful because some make "offers" that actually increase the cost of the insurance (e.g. free breakdown cover..... when you read small print the free cover is for 3 months, then pay a large premium for next 9 months!) and remember to keep all previous certificate/policy documents as proof of previous no claims.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Vehicle Insurance quotes are always cheaper with a new company each year. Companies tend to offer substantial discounts for new customers because they often stick with the expensive second/third year quotes where the insurance company then make large profits.

I think the Martin Lewis recommendation is to change every year. Use two comparison websites to get quotes, and also phone Aviva and Direct line separately (these companies wont allow use in comparison websites). Chose best quote - be careful because some make "offers" that actually increase the cost of the insurance (e.g. free breakdown cover..... when you read small print the free cover is for 3 months, then pay a large premium for next 9 months!) and remember to keep all previous certificate/policy documents as proof of previous no claims.
That's bang on advice that is.
Van Insurance for Tilers - https://www.tilersforums.com/pages/van-insurance/ for updated insurance details regarding van insurance on tilers forums.

Last edited:

Reply to Van Insurance for Tilers 2015 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks