Search the forum,

Discuss valuable experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jason35

hi all just done a course at northeast tiling training and learned the basics but looking for valuable experience by working with a pro, so if anyone knows of anyone in the glasgow area needing a hand with any jobs i am willing to work 1 day aweek for no charge! please dnt hesitate to contact me preferably wednesdays or sundays cheers jay!

M

MrSpoon

i did the same course in april, cant fault it atall :yes: if you cant find anyone to help then only thing i can suggest is buying some tiles and practising what you've learnt, do work for families and stuff for experience, wish i had more time practice but my speed is picking up without me realising it, tho i must be realising it since i just realised it enough to mention it.. hmm... :joker:

C

charlie1

You could make up a mock bay and buy some cheap tiles, then tile with them for 12 hrs per day but it wont really prepare you for the real thing. Dealing with customers, customers changing there minds guy's who know nothing about tiling questoning your work, builders tellng you to "just do it" even though you know they are wrong, having to prep walls that should allready be ready for you to tile, customers staring at you and your work for the duration of the job because they are old and bored and have nothing better to do, kids asking if they can get a shot of trowling the adhesive just after you have mixed it and its going off:furious3::furious3:

Still want to be a tiler.

Good luck mate:thumbsup:

G

graham31

You could make up a mock bay and buy some cheap tiles, then tile with them for 12 hrs per day but it wont really prepare you for the real thing. Dealing with customers, customers changing there minds guy's who know nothing about tiling questoning your work, builders tellng you to "just do it" even though you know they are wrong, having to prep walls that should allready be ready for you to tile, customers staring at you and your work for the duration of the job because they are old and bored and have nothing better to do, kids asking if they can get a shot of trowling the adhesive just after you have mixed it and its going off:furious3::furious3:

Still want to be a tiler.

Good luck mate:thumbsup:
sounds appealing :lol:

B

brian c

Had ajob today where the customer was getting in the way ,thats why i like them to be out the house when doing a job...or just out the way in another room.

Reply to valuable experience in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen