Discuss Urgent Help Needed. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My 17 year old daughter just dropped her phone down the bog...lol
Her life is now over. According to her.

Anyway I've took the back off and battery out and put it in a bag of rice which seems to be the way to go after looking on tinternet.
Anyone ever tried this. And dose it work? Or are we wasting our time.

O

Old Mod

Hahaha yep her life IS over! Haha
Oh dear mate!
It can work on occasion, not always tho unfortunately.
There is a save ur phone emergency thingy u can buy, it's silica jel crystals.
Thing is, u need it now! :(
The rice isn't a quick thing tho, 2-3 days I believe, if it's gonna work.
Is it an iPhone Andy?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hahaha yep her life IS over! Haha
Oh dear mate!
It can work on occasion, not always tho unfortunately.
There is a save ur phone emergency thingy u can buy, it's silica jel crystals.
Thing is, u need it now! :(
The rice isn't a quick thing tho, 2-3 days I believe, if it's gonna work.
Is it an iPhone Andy?
No Samsung note4......I'm leaving home for 2-3 days then !!! Lol

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

look on the bright side she may even learn to talk even to her dad the longer it does not work the more you will get to know each other great result all round

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
look on the bright side she may even learn to talk even to her dad the longer it does not work the more you will get to know each other great result all round
That's what I'm worried about...lol
She got my old phone at the moment. ....which according to her was around when dinosaurs Romed the earth..

Reaction score
I was fishing with a mate once when he managed to somehow drop his phone in the lake, much laughter and banter followed (of course) he said ''I'll have to go in for it as it was sold as water resistant and I need it for work'' 40 minutes later he actually found it and left it on his box, got himself dried off and carried on fishing.

Ten minutes after that he got a call and the bloody thing actually started ringing.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my Samsung 5 if waterproof to 1mtr, is the not 4 not the same? The wife dropped her phone on Sunday in the toilet!!! (Village HALL Loo!!!!! :confused:) An iphone, into the rice bag on top of the radiator and its working, I'd chuck it, in fact I would have left there, no chance my hand would go into that...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think the s5 is the only one that's water proof. ......why don't they make all phones water proof....seems it happens a lot. Even dropped one of my phones in a bucket of water while grouting and answering the phone at the same time.
Funniest thing I ever seen was a plumber testing the trap for leaks on a basin while his phone was in it..lol

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The only thing on my daughters Christmas list is a smartphone. 12 year old, very worried about Facebook and stuff, just a nightmare. I wonder how many times she'll drop hers in the pot, anything like her mother, I might as well buy them in bulk now....

Reply to Urgent Help Needed. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks