Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I would usually undercut and remove skirting. But, this is literally a brand new house. The young lad was on a bit of a budget and keen to move in asap. So it was Durabase and as neat aa i can on the cuts.

Got the bathroom and en-suite floors to do. Removing basin and ped as well as WC in them. Seeming as the splashback tiles don't take much getting off.

R

rainsco

finished the travertin/concrete master bathroom . sink and furnitures are part of my suggested design and comes from my friends.

bad

J

jonnyc

Rainsco
It's just gets better and better.
Members are going to think I'm German.
im not.
This is just real class work and design.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Just a few pics of the job I'm just finishing up.

Attachments

• IMG_0339.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0338.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0341.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0340.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 46

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Lovely stuff. Are the as slippy as they look? They look really shiney!

R

rainsco

nice joints in the slope. do you cut all the small tiles?

yesterday i fixed only 9 tiles on a long day. it was not easy. the tiles have 14mm thickness and i have to calibrate the shower to one tile in the wide. and the alurail for glaswall later has to resessed. so i used ardex x32 because it can be used until 30mm mortar bed. (75kg for 9 tiles!!!) i floatet with a 15mm middlebed trowel and buttered with 10mm. sometimes more and sometime less. i take the tiles with a double sealed vacuum handle. without this tool it wasn´t possible to carry the buttered tiles alone in this height. it was mental not easy to trust this tool.
demotivating moment was when i set a tile and knock it with the hammer the edge touch another edges and "zack" a glaze springs away... so i later just knock it when i space them with the wooden wedges. on the tool pictures you see my custom made wet saw for perfekt long cuts until 220cm. i test the dry cutting with my 120cm kaufmann cutter and it was ok but it was not save brackage on the end. so i decided to use only wet cutting. it takes more time (15l water for 1 tile needed) but it is 100% safe and the edges are perfekt. for this projekt i bought a new drilling machine. my other one is limited on 40cm wide. for the 45degree cuts in the niche i use my little wet saw. crazy, such a machine park for only a shower!

100x100-01.jpg 100x100-02.jpg 100x100-03.jpg 100x100-04.jpg

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi rainsco, all the small tiles for the wet area have been water jet cut. Your latest job looks like another nice project. What size are the tile 800x800mm ?

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
DSC_0319.jpg DSC_0313.jpg DSC_0314.jpg DSC_0315.jpg DSC_0316.jpg DSC_0317.jpg DSC_0318.jpg

Here i have finished stage one: tiling and grouting. floor 400x600 slate tiles with mapei antracite grout, walls 300x600 calacatta marble tiles with mapei silver grey grout.
Stage two to come: template and fit 20mm carrara bath top with splash back and vanity top :hurray:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 92
M

mattle40

Credit to you pal, your work is pure quality from design to completion,
That's the result of really enjoying your trade

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks