Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

charlie1

IMAG0069.jpg IMAG0071.jpg IMAG0073.jpg IMAG0075.jpg

M

MARBLE_TONY

Okay I know this isn't tiling but thought I would show you a restoration job we did. The tiler had laid it pretty well but then had a grout haze problem then removed it with Acid School boy so we de-lipped the floor, re-honed it and polishe it. We now have a great relasionship with this tiler who sells our service on top of his tiling, So essentially he lays the floor then grouts it (no clean of) leaves it for three weeks then we follow doing our thing by grinding the floor perfectly flat and refinishing the stone.

stratford and farquar 022.jpg stratford and farquar 025.jpg stratford and farquar 026.jpg TF Pic1.JPG TF2.JPG TF3.JPG

Attachments

• Tile forum Pics 001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 70
I

IvegotsTILE

Great job charlie....you going to put it up for JOTM?
Liked FURTEKS except I thought the shower curtain ruined it a bit.

Furtek

TF
Reaction score
Great job charlie....you going to put it up for JOTM?
Liked FURTEKS except I thought the shower curtain ruined it a bit.
Thanks!
Yes, A lot of people draws attention to the curtain. Unfortunately, the shower is for people with disabilities. This work was for a private client. Most of my bathrooms, performs for the Council, So I use the same products as usual.

J

jonnyc

Here is a stone floor that i laid five years ago.
I went back last week to repair the terrace that had frost damage, not caused by bad fixing.
Whilst there i stuck my head in kitchen to see how the stone floor inside was doing after 5 years .
What a joy to see that it looks almost like new.
I asked client how she keeps it so pristine and she only says that she washes once a week with easycare but has a special door mat that takes dirt off shoes when entering house.
Sorry forgot its name already, but considering family wear shoes in house this floor looks unbelievable.
I am not talking about the fixing .
I normally send letters to my previous clients every two or three years offering a cleaning and reseal process, and have one client with this floor that needs it done twice a year, beecause it has gone very dark.
Just goes to show that careful maintenance makes a stone floor a covering for life.
Stone info:
Aged farringdon english limestone :aged and distressed .400/500/600 x random lenghts.
Martin moore stone:
80.00 sq mts actual area.
Dukkaboard/ ekecetric heat mats .
3 coats stainstop and french hard wax applied and buffed .
I really think the wax has protected the floor .

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 070.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 071.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 072.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 073.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 59
J

jonnyc

060.jpg 058.jpg 056.jpg 054.jpg 053.jpg 052.jpg Last bathroom in property from my entry to jotm march.
Completed 10 days ago.
Large format porcelain floor and shower walls.
Feature wall .porcelain interlocking slips .
Dukkaboard , emat pro electric underfloor heating.

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks