Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rainsco

Good looking floor rainsco.
How much does that solnhofner cost which was in herribone pattern in photo per sq mt.itbused to be very good value for money.
I have fixed Irish blue limestone which I think was from Carlow one time over in s.ireland.
I will make a couple of calls to someone I know tomorrow row.
What size format,finish and quantity are you looking at

hi jonny,
the herribone pattern 20cmx40cm costs about 40euro + tax. the 20cm, 25cm and 30cm pattern in diffrent lenghts costs about 50euro + tax.. thats the price my customers payed direct from quarry.

for the bathroom i looked for a floor and wall in 40 wide and free length or maby 80x80cm floor. i have to see we are at the beginning from the planing. we need a 13cm tranche ca. 250 x 60 for a double washing basin and a 3 or 4cm slab for a big snail shower and a seatbank.

my customers want a color like basaltina but its difficult to get affordable tranches. so at the moment we are searching for a etna basalt. any kind of blue stone has to be smoothed about C60 because otherwise it is to dark for the customers. serena is nice but it is a very soft sandstone. so at the moment i´m searching for any kind of stone in concrete optik. thats not easy. today i sanded nero assoluto with C80. its ok but i hope we get some affordable etna basalt.

R

rainsco

little stone wall. first time i sell this kind of glued closers.

chissledsand.jpg

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This is a job we done about 22 years ago, pics taken on a old camera. It took just under 2 weeks to set out, every wall was gridded out and every tile was fixed individually/no serration. I've got a couple more pics in loft so will put on the next couple of days. Thought you might like to see them.
02.jpg

Last edited:

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
definitely whitebeam, it was for a chap in Wolverhampton. There is a camel to the left of me and i'm cutting in the peacock.

No water jet cutting then, all done on site with a Rubi and rubbing stone

D

DHTiling

Just finished this today , thought the snow was gunna prevent me getting there. Lol.

3yvajuga.jpg

mu8y9y3a.jpg

5u3apedy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Some 40m2 Verona travertine opus pattern from Turkey. I've got to go back and do the kitchen splashback next week. Will post rest of pics with kitchen in etc
406.jpg 407.jpg 412.jpg 430.jpg 417.jpg 433.jpg 415.jpg 416.jpg 436.jpg 414.jpg 420.jpg 426.jpg 419.jpg 436.jpg 427.jpg 428.jpg

Attachments

• 409.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 413.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 52
  • 422.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 49
C

charlie1

WP_20130111_002.jpg WP_20130118_007.jpg
Venetian Marble wet room done last week. 2 coats carara (grainy marble), 5 coats clasico (Very fine marble)

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
600x400 travertine bathroom finished yesterday. Thanks to the guys on the stone forum regarding what sealer to use. Opted for Ltp colour enhancer and stainstop. Customer initially wanted a polished look but advised against and they are thrilled with the results. Will hopefully be able to get back once finished.

Setting out vertically was dictated by the customers insistence on the position of the mosaics leaving small cuts top and bottom. I advised against trim around the window and butt jointed the tiles, filled with grout and took the edge off by hand with sandpaper.

Not the most experienced with Travertine so all comments welcome.

Cheers
Pete

trav3.jpg trav9.jpg trav8.jpg trav7.jpg trav6.jpg trav1.jpg trav5.jpg trav4.jpg trav2.jpg trav10.jpg

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Some pics of the first bathroom of five at the same house plus 100 sq metre floor.
edyqyjyr.jpg
tadyryha.jpg
gehevu9y.jpg
amazugep.jpg
equmymy6.jpg

Will post more pics as the job progresses.

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks