Discuss tilling onto wood in shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
hi, im looking to put right a mistake that was made previously in a shower room. i have a 1400 shower tray in a room that is 1480 wide, so at the end of the shower there was a gap that had been filled in with ply and then tiled over, this failed and i have taken the tiles off. my question is how should i prepare the ply to re cover? the shower tray can not be moved, its fitted well and tiled all round and i cant build a false wall at the end of the tray as to do so i would have to re tile the entire room as the tiles are no longer available. at the moment the two options sem to be to treat the wood with something that will be completely water proof and then re tile, or to cover with 95mm upvc architrave, but once again what to protect the wood with. any help and advice would be welcome

Attachments

• shower tray end.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
uPVC is the way to go.

Wood will be very difficult to waterproof effectively. Over time it will move as it absorbs moisture and then cracks will develop.

Reply to tilling onto wood in shower room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22