Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling round window with metro tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all - had a bit of a nightmare tiling our bathroom. We prioritised getting a full tile immediately below the window and thought we’d get away with it at the top, but we’ve now got to the top and are left with a slither of a tile above the window - see photo.

Is there any advice on how best to proceed (other than ripping it all off and starting again, which isn’t an option)? We had considered putting more cement board at the top of the window frame just so it’s not such a thin slither but window casing is pretty shallow so not sure that will work. Or is the best course of action to go down the thin slither route?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 274867AB-D0FD-4A3E-BE22-0F3B9CC342F5.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
very unlucky ..... looks like you've done a great job !
I would see what it looks like making the slither slightly wider as you mentioned . Does the patterned
tile continue on the right hand side ? You would need to remove the top tile if it does

Reaction score
very unlucky ..... looks like you've done a great job !
I would see what it looks like making the slither slightly wider as you mentioned . Does the patterned
tile continue on the right hand side ? You would need to remove the top tile if it does
Thanks Richard. Yes, when we took the photo we realised those top tiles on the right should have been decor tiles!

We haven’t got much room to play with due to narrow window frame at the top, but will give it a go.

Reply to Tiling round window with metro tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen