Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling outside step. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Hello everyone.
Went to look at a job yesterday which involves tiling an outside step leading from an existing conservatory. The step is made up of bricks and sits about 250 from the floor which and stretches out onto the grass area at about 350 ish. I haven't had any experience with tiling steps so would welcome any advise please. My main questions would be should I smooth the current bricks off with a render or latex to give a decent tiling service, if so any recommendations. The tiles the customer wants fitting are 10mm porcelain tiles. Will they need sealing to protect against the elements.

Many thanks

S

Stef

Just make sure the tiles are frost proof & the adhesive & grout is also.
I would give everything a quick brush down & prime & then tile.

R

rj1884

Thanks for your reply. Would a normal acrylic primer do. So I don't need to worry about latexing the brick work.

S

Stef

I use pr360 when tiling outside & some of these tiles were fixed direct to brickwork.
enurynup.jpg

Reply to Tiling outside step. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen