Discuss Tiling on walls after old tiles removed in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Do you think it would be ok to tile over this wall after the removal of the original tiles?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-11-22-04-25-23_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 20

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Its cheaper to skim it than throw loads of adhesive at it , quicker to tile if can gauge
Is a bit rough i wouldnt want to tile it
Doesnt need to be polished skim for paint can do it yourself

Reaction score
The other side is worse the above wall is papered as I believe the wall isn't good enough for painting

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-13-16-06-29-98_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 18

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be able to knock those adhesive blobs off from the previous dot and dab tiling (considered of the worst type of tiling going). Then apply adhesive using a trowel next time and you wont get those off so easy.

What's your end aim here?

Reply to Tiling on walls after old tiles removed in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks