Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on two different materials on one wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

potatoman

Hi, I have a wall half covered with plaster which has been painted,the other half has been cement renderd, with PVA added to the water of the rendering mix ,I am going to use large tiles .What is the best way to fix my tiles so they stay up

I

Ian

Scrape or sand the paint off, if the cement render is solid then use a cement based powdered adhesive for your tiling (don't forget to prime with an acrylic primer, not PVA). Personally I would also make sure my adhesive was flexible.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
At a guess, without knowing all the details of the tiles, I'm going to say that they're to heavy for the plastered wall, even after the paint is removed, can you over board the walls ? Or strip them back to start afresh, you really need to address the problem of weight issues first.

Reply to Tiling on two different materials on one wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen