Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on smart ply....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am about to start and job and the Tiles are 200 x 100 ceramics. They are asking me to tile directly onto smart ply. What would be your recommend prep. I am thinking tile master prime and grip followed by white star or ultra slow set white adhesive. I am fully aware that over boarding it with plasterboard is the best but they are reluctant to do this because of cost, time and lost room size.
Thanks in advance

O

Old Mod

Yeah I read it mate.
But to say 4m wedi will reduce the size of the room, while technically correct, it’s a croc! No one will notice unless it has bespoke wall to wall fixtures. If the OP had gone and just used it, no one would have been any the wiser.

Q

Qwerty

4mm Tilemaster insulation backer board from our forum sponsor @Pro Tiler Tools .........

Tilemaster Delta Boards Thermal Construction Boards 1200mm x 600mm (Sizes 6-20mm Thickness) (INDIVIDUAL) | Buy Materials Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/tilemaster-delta-boards-thermal-construction-boards-1200mm-x-600mm--sizes-6-20mm-thickness---individual-

Reply to Tiling on smart ply....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen