Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on fresh plaster in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

if there is no mention of what to do on plaster then in my book its not suitable and I'd use one that is

Reaction score
if there is no mention of what to do on plaster then in my book its not suitable and I'd use one that is

Thanks, thats a good point. The tech sheet says its suitable on the following:

-concrete
-cementitious screeds and screeds made using special binders
-plasterboard (for internal applications only)
-existing coatings in ceramic, terrazzo and stone
-cementitious render

I assumed plaster falls under the cementitious render category.

Reaction score
Ok so all my previos comments was im bed looking at the techinal data online and it didnt mention plaster but i just looked at the tub i have and it does say suitable for plaster.

But again it does not mention anything about priming. Both the tub and tech data doesnt mention sealing of any kind. Someone asked on screwfix about sealing plasterboard and mapei replied stating no sealing needed. Just dont feel right not sealing.

image.jpg

Reaction score
So i called mapei, they confirmed it suitable for plaster but said i should seal with primer g... The fact this isnt mentioned on the product or tech sheet has made me loose confidence in it. I might just take it back.

Reply to Tiling on fresh plaster in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen