Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling bathroom floor - DIY in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Jp3340

-
Reaction score
Hi all. Having a few problems tiling for my first time.

Main things..... I am using Flexible tepid set tile adhesive called Pro Rapid Rs. When I mix to manufacturers specifications I find it too thin and just collapses into the groves made by the trowel when laying it. Any one else experienced this?
Furthermore, I boarded the floor with ply (later found out about this mesh stuff so ply already fixed) I then primed the floor with a sealer/primer from screw fix. I've since seen conflicting information on whether you should prime the tiling surface of ply or not. Will it be OK primed or should I sand it off?? Why do some sites say not to prime the tiling side?

Reaction score

Main things..... I am using Flexible tepid set tile adhesive called Pro Rapid Rs. When I mix to manufacturers specifications I find it too thin and just collapses into the groves made by the trowel when laying it. Any one else experienced this?
Furthermore, I boarded the floor with ply (later found out about this mesh stuff so ply already fixed) I then primed the floor with a sealer/primer from screw fix. I've since seen conflicting information on whether you should prime the tiling surface of ply or not. Will it be OK primed or should I sand it off?? Why do some sites say not to prime the tiling side?

Reaction score

Attachments

• Scan 1.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Tiling bathroom floor - DIY in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen