Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

if I'm mitring 45 dgs, I always make sure that I've got a millimetre spare from the face, ie my cut might need to be 500mm, I'll make the mitred cut 501mm then I can plane off the 1mm with my wet saw (at 90 dgs) and not have an edge like a cuttlefish.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
no i dont think you are mate your local can show you no prob

Cheers for the offer Pete, i appreciate it, but i think i got it from the drawing now.

And i quite like Doug's idea of cutting slightly over then trimming back too.

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

D

dagger

if mrs does not want trim you have to mitre,
and if you are doing it yourself with no time constraints the two "jollys" aka "mitres" can be greater than 45 degrees so cut the tiles without touching the glazed edge then rub the angle greater than 45 without touching the glaze.

it depends on what material you are working with how long it takes but it will work in the end!

D

Deleted member 1779

WITH
window2.jpg

window3.jpg

WITHOUT
window.jpg

window4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

to be fair Richard, the one without trims doesn't do justice 'cos ot the slithers and brick bond:smilewinkgrin:

D

dagger

to be fair Richard, the one without trims doesn't do justice 'cos ot the slithers and brick bond:smilewinkgrin:
the window has not been centred correctly, granted.
and the bottom pick shows a joint that should no be there at the top but hey its mitred well!

but the photo shows the effect!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::8:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling around windows without trim challenge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen