Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around window advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gm renovations

Hi All

Any tips on tiling around windows and setting in the trim??

Tool and the steps

Thanks guys

Gaz

B

brian c

centre the window and work out from middle,for internal cute of the recessfacing tiles need to overlap these by the width of tile plus 3 to 4mm for adhesive so 14mm total.
cutting trim,if on the same wall lay trim flat and cut angle accordingly,i normally do the big cut of trim first then the short ones.

Hope this helps.

T

tfs

This ones hard to put in writting mate. lol

Best thing I would say is get all full tiles fixed around the window and then befiore you do your cuts find out high points in the ingo, sill etc. Once your highest points have been established cut all tiles to this sizes for each ingo, the sill and whatever the top of the window is called.

Best to mark out your plumb and level lines around the window before starting and try to keep things symetric.

Attachments

• 123564.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC00157.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 308
F

Fekin

Normally I would center the whole bathroom job around the window, I try to get even dog legs on each corner where possible then simply work out from that, making sure you know what cuts your going to have at the walls end first, obviously.
But mainly center the window first.... if possible.

G

Gazzer

Take your time when it comes to setting out. Try all possibilities and dont fall into the full tile trap.
When you have spent your time setting out you may end up with a few ways it can be done. Its always worth running this through with the client as sometimes what is correct procedure is not seen the same way with the client.

J

jocky102

This ones hard to put in writting mate. lol

Best thing I would say is get all full tiles fixed around the window and then befiore you do your cuts find out high points in the ingo, sill etc. Once your highest points have been established cut all tiles to this sizes for each ingo, the sill and whatever the top of the window is called.

Best to mark out your plumb and level lines around the window before starting and try to keep things symetric.

i found the easiest way to tile over windows and window sill is as follows..
you need to use trim so get trim find the highest point of the window sill, cut a trim to fit that space in length, (walls are normally plasterboard) get a big stapler (industrial) tack the trims into place and when perfect tile up to it and up the side and over it, it is easier to level it with a spirit level and staple it then tiling is easier cuz u dont have to bother with the spirit level later, you know it is perfectly level

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Tiling around window advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen